Who can enter?
Challenge Dementia is open to all. Ideas are welcome from individuals, groups, organisations and businesses across all sectors located in Essex, the UK and internationally.
By entering the prize you must:
- submit your idea in English.
- submit your idea by 13 April 2018. Late or incomplete entries will not be assessed or judged.
- be happy to test and develop your idea for five months to Essex residents. Though the prize is global, your idea must improve the lives of Essex residents living with Dementia.
- be willing to share learning. You are required to share publicly your experience of developing your idea, for example in the form of a blog or via social media about the Essex Challenge Prize programme.
- comply with relevant national and local Information Governance and Safeguarding procedures.
- ensure you have the capacity to develop a prototype of your idea within the Challenge Prize time frame. Support will be available, but you must be able to complete this during the course of the prize if selected as a finalist
- own any intellectual property in your submission. You will retain the intellectual property rights to your entry to the prize. Such intellectual property must be clearly marked as proprietary. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are not infringing on the Intellectual Property of others.
Who can't enter?
You can't enter if you are;
- an elected member
- an employee of Essex County Council that is Band 6 or above
- immediate family of an elected member.
- immediate family of an Essex County Council Band 6 or above employee.
If you are not eligible to enter you can sign up to receive emails alerts to find about future challenge prizes.
Alternatively, you may be eligible for funding or prizes from other organisations: