The Families Included Prize is in three stages:
Stage 1 - Submitting your idea
- 12 May 2016: entries open.
- 14 July 2016: entries close.
- After 14 July 2016: our judges choose nine finalists using the judging criteria. We'll contact you if you're a finalist.
Stage 2 - Announcing the nine finalists
- August 2016: we announce the nine finalists.
- 31 August 2016: finalists attend induction in Essex. This is not optional.
- We give finalists non-financial support and a £1500 grant to develop and test their ideas with families in Essex.
- 2 November 2016: we hold a get-together for finalists to meet and receive more support.
- 6 January 2017: deadline for finalists to submit detailed plans.
- After 6 January 2017: our judges choose the winner from the final nine plans, using the judging criteria.
Stage 3 - Announcement of the winner
- 8 February 2017: we announce the winner at an awards ceremony in Essex. They receive £10,000 to help develop their idea.